Your boiler often experiences extensive use (almost) all year round. Corrosion from piping, sludge and other debris can cause damage to the central heating system.
Power flushing is an important step in regards to boiler maintenance as the build up of sludge and debris can cause your boiler to breakdown unexpectedly.
Taps on Plumbing have offered boiler servicing and central heating services to Bristol and the surrounding areas for a number of years.
Our technicians are fully qualified to carry out an effective power flushing of your boiler to ensure that debris is cleared to protect your central heating system from inefficiency and potential damage.
If you would like to know more about power flushing in Bristol and why this is important or you’d like to arrange a power flush of your central heating system then enquire online using a contact form on our website.
Alternatively, you can telephone our team directly on: 0117 911 8053
Why Is Power Flushing Important?
Regular servicing ensures that your boiler is running correctly and that debris is not being transported or sent around the piping system. However, sometimes power flushing is required.
Power flushing is necessary in certain situations and there are several signs which may mean that you will need to have a power flush carried out. These signs are as follows:
- Cold spots appearing on your radiator (commonly the bottom area.)
- Small leaks occurring in your radiators.
- Boiler shuts down often and requires restarting.
- Tap water is becoming cloudy (due to limescale build-up in the pipe system.)
- No water escapes or is released when bleeding a radiator.
- Your boiler or heating pump is causing a racket.
- Your radiators or boiler is very noisy.
- Your radiators are cold even though your pipes are hot.
- Heating takes a while to get going.
- Discoloured water is released when you bleed the radiators.
- Some radiators or all of your radiators are finding it difficult to start up.
If you are experiencing any of these issues then you should contact our central heating technicians. They have carried out many power flushes and will be able to check if any of the issues that you are experiencing can be rectified by use of a power flush.
What Happens When a Power Flush Occurs
A power flush will begin with our engineer attaching a pump to the central heating system. This pumps special chemicals through the pipes, boiler and radiators.
These chemicals are used to clean and remove debris, corrosion and limescale from the central heating and piping system.
A power flush may also confirm that there are other issues in your central heating system that may need to be repaired (boiler replacement or piping replacements being required for example.)
The power flushing process is therefore a great way to carry out maintenance on your central heating system whilst narrowing down issues if the power flush does not solve all of your problems.
The benefits of a power flush are as follows:
- Hot water will reach higher temperatures.
- Higher energy efficiency saves you money on bills.
- Less chance of your central heating system breaking down.
- Your boiler and radiators will be more quiet.
- Radiators get hotter & potentially get hotter faster.
- Increases heating system longevity.
Arrange for Power Flushing in Bristol
If you are suffering from any of the issues mentioned or you have not had a power flush carried out before then contact the team at Taps on Plumbing today.
When looking to install a new boiler, it’s also important and recommended to carry out a power flush before the new boiler is installed.
This protects the new boiler from damage that could be caused from connection to pipes that are carrying sludge, debris or limestone.
Contact our boiler and central heating technicians in Bristol by ensuring online with a form on our website or telephone our team directly on: 07789 992216.